Skip to content
For the records,
In May 2023, Kelina celebrated the fact that:
- We did over 5,000 surgeries with zero intra-operative mortality in 15 years since our inception in 2008.
- We reached 250 successful HoLEP surgeries for BPH (Enlarged Prostate) in the last 4 years (2019 – 2023).
- We did the first Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP) surgery in Nigeria, in 2018.
- We were the first Hospital to do Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy for prostate cancer in Nigeria, in 2012 and both patients are still alive and well.
- We were the first hospital in Nigeria to do Bipolar Enucleation of the Prostate, initially called TURis, for BPH, in 2012
- We were the first hospital to do Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty for Kidney Obstruction in Nigeria, in 2017.
- We pioneered Plasma Sterilisation for infection-free surgery in Nigeria, in 2015.
- We were the first Urology practice in Nigeria to do Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for kidney stones in 2011.
- We were the first hospital in Nigeria to perform Tubeless PCNL, Supracostal PCNL and Mini-PCNL surgery for kidney stones, in 2013.
- We were the first hospital in Nigeria to be awarded a Pioneer Status in Minimally Invasive Surgery by the Federal Government of Nigeria (NIPC, FMITI), in 2012.
- We were the first Private Hospital in Nigeria to use laser for surgery, in 2011