Surgical Aid Foundation Outreach 2023
THEME: NEW ACCESS TO SURGERY WITHOUT SCARS
Surgical Aid Foundation (SAF), an NGO, in conjunction with Kelina Hospital in Nigeria carries out her annual outreach programme for 2023. This year’s is billed to run concurrently in both Abuja and Lagos locations.
- Date: 6th November- 8th December, 2023
- Kelina Hospital Abuja: 3rd Avenue, by 34 Crescent, Gwarinpa.
- Kelina Hospital Lagos: No 7, Ologun Agbaje Street, Victoria Island.
SAF, a fully Nigerian non-governmental organisation is focused on assisting patients to gain access to high-tech surgery at an affordable cost in Nigeria in spite of current economic challenges. We at SAF, partnering with Kelina Hospital, have been making our own modest efforts to help citizens overcome constraints to accessing quality surgical care each year. Kelina is a Surgical Hospital where Minimally Invasive Surgeries are done and patients can go home in less than 24 hours after surgery, so that others could benefit as well.
Who qualifies for SAF 2023?
- This programme is open to patients who have had bills for their surgery in the past from Kelina Hospital, but could not afford the cost.
- The general public who have never been to Kelina Hospital before, but wish to join the programme.
DISCOUNTED surgery fee for the duration of the programme.
During the SAF outreach programme in 2022;
- 302 patients benefitted from free PSA test/screening for Prostate Cancer.
- 309 patients benefitted from free Prostate Ultrasound Scan and Uroflowmetry. Other free tests we have done include; Dental Checks, Screening for Cervical Cancer, Kidney Function Tests and so on.
Over 200 patients have benefited from different types of surgeries under this programme since inception in 2009. These procedures are mainly in Urology, General Surgery and Gynaecology.
Only Minimally Invasive Surgery will be considered.
The Subsidized Surgeries covered in this year’s programme include:
- Prostate surgery: Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP).
- Kidney stone surgery: Laser Lithotripsy for Kidney stones (RIRS, URS, or PCNL).
- Gall Stones: Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Gall stones; other General Surgery Cases.
- Uterine fibroids: Laparoscopic Surgery for uterine fibroids; other Gynaecological cases.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Penile implant surgery for Erectile Dysfunction.
- Urinary Incontinence: Artificial urethral sphincter for urinary incontinence
- Ovarian Cysts: Laparoscopic cystectomy.
- Prostate cancer (1st quarter of 2024 only): Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy.
- Selected other Minimally Invasive surgical procedures.
How to participate:
Intending participants should register and get an appointment before they come in. You will be expected to show your registration information on arrival for pre-operative tests. To register, click the button below or contact any of the following numbers below (Text/WhatsApp is preferred), Registration with SAF is free:
- Reception, Abuja: 08033644644, Lagos: 09120338755
- Service Managers, Abuja: 07016837070, Lagos: 09120338737
- General Manager: 09120338743