BOOK A CONSULTATION
Book a Consultation
Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP) is now available in Lagos State.
Kelina Hospital introduced HoLEP into Nigeria in 2018, using the first 120 Watts Laser (Moses Technology) ever to be installed in Africa. Before this time, the only commonly Minimally Invasive Surgery for those who needed prostate surgery in Nigeria was Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP).
Advantages of HoLEP include the following:
- It can take out prostates of any size, compared to TURP, which is not recommended by AUA or EAU for prostates bigger than 80g.
- There is minimal blood loss compared to TURP or open surgery.
- There is no external wound compared to open surgery.
- Patients spend very little time on admission, compared to TURP or open surgery.
- Patients can go home less than 24 hours after surgery and can go back to work a day after discharge.
- Catheterization time after surgery is lower than with TURP or open surgery. Catheter causes infection. So the shorter it stays, the better.
Kelina is the only hospital in Lagos State doing HoLEP at the moment (2023). Patients who have had HoLEP with us all went home less than 24 hours after surgery. Apart from HoLEP, other minimally invasive surgical procedures available in Kelina Hospital include:
- Laparoscopic surgery for kidney problems, ovarian cysts, gall stones, prostate cancer, ectopic pregnancy uterine fibroids (including laparoscopic hysterectomy)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy for Kidney Stones
- Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery for kidney problems, including PUJ obstruction and kidney stones.
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Endoscopic surgery for Urinary Bladder Cancer.
- Virtually every other endoscopic surgery.
To book a consultation, Call/WhatsApp: Kelina Hospital Lagos: 09120338755, 7, Ologun Agbaje Street, off Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. OR Kelina Hospital Abuja: 08033644644, 3rd Avenue, by 34 Crescent, Gwarinpa, Abuja.