1) Brush your teeth properly in an upward and downward motion, at least twice a day, in the morning and last thing before bed at night.
2) Use a medium or soft tooth brush.
3) Use Floss, rather than tooth pick, to remove food particles that are stuck between the teeth. It should be done at least once a day.
4) Clean the surface of your tongue regularly.
5) Rinse thoroughly after each meal and swallow
6) Limit intake of sugary foods and drinks. This includes fizzy drinks, chocolates and sweetened fruit juice.
7) Avoid smoking and tobacco.
8) Eat healthy, balanced meals rich in calcium to help strengthen the teeth.
9) Have scaling and polishing done every 6 months.
10) Visit your dentist regularly, at least, every 6 months for a comprehensive check up.